What does the position pay?
Full-year members are paid a total of $12,630 for their year of service; paid twice a month.
How much is the Education Award?
Full-year AmeriCorps members receive a $5,815 education award upon completion of their term of service.
What other benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, all our AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Extensive training and orientation
- Professional skills development
- Education Award (upon successful completion)
- Travel reimbursement for workday mileage or bus pass
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
Members on our project:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- Must be able to pass our background check requirements
Will I be the only AmeriCorps member in the area?
No. During the school year, we have 20 full-time AmeriCorps members who work as literacy tutors and bring community members into our schools as literacy tutors.