The Schools of Hope Project is seeking AmeriCorps Members in the Madison Area!
Full-year AmeriCorps positions, August 21, 2017 – July 31, 2018
As a full-year AmeriCorps member with the Schools of Hope Project you would be serving as both a literacy tutor as well as a tutor coordinator at a local elementary school. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the academic success of the community’s children while developing and using your community building, education and project management skills. These positions require a commitment of the entire term of service.
What does the position pay?
Full-year members are paid a total of $12,630 for their year of service; paid twice a month.
What benefits will I receive?
In addition to your living allowance, AmeriCorps positions provide the following benefits:
- Members are eligible to receive a $5,815.00 education award upon completion of one year of service
- Health insurance (will NOT cover family members)
- Reimbursement for child care expenses (must meet eligibility requirements)
What requirements are there to be an AmeriCorps member?
- must be 18 years or older
- must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident status
- ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national program that places members in areas of need in the United States to develop or enhance programs and strengthen communities. AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans in intensive service each year at nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community and faith-based groups across the country.
Ready to apply, click here for an online application!
Questions? Please contact: Emily Greene, (608) 441-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org